1. The Bheem Boy character in the film actually played the role of Bheema in the Mahabharat Television series.
2. The Kleptomaniac grandma character in the film was recreated by Crazy for his famous play Chocolate Krishna.
3. The song Sundari Neeyum Sundaran Gyanum was shot in slow motion.
4. The climax scene of the film was inspired by the 1925 Charlie Chaplin film Gold Rush.
5. KJ Yesudas was the first choice to sing Sundari Neeyum Song.
6. The original footage of the film was 3 and half hours.
7. The film was a box office failure on release but attained cult status over a period of time.
8. Nagesh actually wanted to play the Grandmother’s role to try out something different but eventually played the role of Avinashi.
9. The film had two songs which were not picturized – Mathapoovu Oru Penna and Aadi Pattam thedi.
10. The film was also dubbed in Telugu. One major highlight of the telugu version is the fact that all songs were sung by SPB and Chitra.