It is 18 Years of Ramana today. Let’s look at 7 facts about the film.
1. Madhavan was the first choice for Yugi Sethu’s role in the film.
2. The film won 2 state awards – One for Best film and the other one for Best Dialogue writer for A.R Murugadoss.
3. The film was remade in Hindi, Telugu , Kannada , Bangladeshi and Bengali.
4. This was the second collaboration between Vijayakanth and Simran after Kannu Pada Poguthaya in 19999.
5. Mugavaree director V.Z Durai played an ACF member in the film.
6. Ramana marked the comeback of veteran actor Vijayan after 10 years. He also did Run and Five Star the same year.
7. Among the remakes the Telugu version has a different climax. While the hero dies in the Tamil version the hero is let off with minimum punishment in the Telugu version starring Chiranjeevi.