1. The film is based on a real life incident which happened to cinematographer C. Prem Kumar who lost his memory during the shooting of Vaaranam Aayiram.
2. The real life incident happened when director Balaji Tharaneetharan, Bagavathi Perumal and Prem kumar were playing cricket. Prem Kumar fell while attempting a catch and lost his memory.
3. The music was composed by Ved Shankar who was a former student of A.R Rahman’s K.M Music conservatory.
4. One of the songs contained lines sent by 1800 people on Facebook.
5. The actual film had only one song which was the title track. The rest of the songs were removed in the final cut.
6. Cinematographer C. Prem kumar would go on to direct Vijay Sethupathi in the 2018 film 96.
7. The film was remade in 6 languages – Telugu , Kannada , Malayalam , Odia, Marathi and Gujarati.
8. After this film Vijay Sethupathi and Balaji Tharaneetharan would collaborate for the former’s 25th film Seethakaathi after a gap of 6 years in 2018.
9. It took 2 months for Vijay Sethupathi 2 months of practise and master the now famous ” Enna aachu” dialogue.
10. This was Gayathrie’s first collaboration with Vijay Sethupathi and also her most famous role till date.