- French MP and billionaire Olivier Dassault dies in a helicopter crash. He was 69 years old.
2) Some 140K Londoners suffer from long Covid symptoms. Symptoms like fatigue, breathlessness last for 12 weeks or more in about 1 in 5 people.
3) The 63rd Annual Grammy Awards is to be held on March 14: Harry Styles, BTS, Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Doja Cat and more artists to perform.
4) US once again criticizes India at the WTO ( World Trade Organization) over increasing restrictions on trade.
5) India among top 5 countries that account for about half of the world’s total child brides, says UNICEF.
6) Reported Covid-19 cases in India: 18,599 new cases, 14,278 recoveries and 97 deaths in the last 24 hours.
Total cases: 1,12,29,389
Total recoveries: 1,08,82,798
Death Toll: 1,57,853
7) Amidst the China hacking concerns, India plans a new national strategy on cybersecurity.
8) Redmi TV India confirmed its launch date for March 17.
9) India has ended its experiment with dual citizenship with the new Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) notification.
10) As per travel guidelines, Epass made compulsory for International and local visitors in Tamil Nadu.
11) TN election 2021: No bar on carrying cash up to RS 50,000. CPM secretary K Balakrishnan to contest only in six seats due to political compulsions. Poll duty for teachers allotted within their assembly constituencies and not far. Stalin pronounces Rs 1000 for homemakers/mth.