Welcome to food Corner section , in this article we will post about kadaai Soru which is special in Chennai .
Is Kadaai Soru better than Biryani ???
Shop Name:(Kadaai Soru, Kilpauk)
In this article we are going to witness a new trending and traditional dish which overtakes the taste of Biryani in chennai. It’s kadaai Soru. If you have not come across this. You have missed a wonderful & lips making recipe. Do check out the full article and share your feedback in the comment section.
About the Shop:
This restaurant was started after the covid lockdown in 2020 September. This place is known for its signature dishes called as Kadaai Soru. This is the dish which we all know from the childhood. This resembles the rice mixed with the last gravy which is in the cooked vessel. It’s located right on the Kilpauk garden road. Please find the exact map link below.
This shop has a very tiny dining space which can accommodate upto 5 individuals at a time. Take away is most commonly preferred by the regular customers. There are no proper parking facilities. Be prepared to park on road.
- The shop name itself resembles the signature dish here. Yes, it’s Kadaai Soru! I wonder how this has become a dish.
- Kudos to the creation and ideology behind keeping this as a theme of their restaurant. Unlike other restaurants there are not many items in the menu. They do what is the best.
- I personally tried crab kadaai Soru along with chilli beef as a side.
- Literally, the taste was out of the world. Also they serve the kadaai soru along with a pepper rasam and banana which by itself becomes a complete meal.
- The dish is made of a strong and thick pepper based gravy which is a traditional home made food.
- They allow the gravy to settle in the vessel and induce a smoky flavour to it which takes it to the next level.
- Eating this rice with rasam gave even more peppery and gravy feel to it.
- Crab was very juice and the rice was filled with the crab flavour as well. Coriander and curry leaves garnishing made the dish look even more appetizing.
A special mention to their spicy chilly beef which I tasted here. The beef was also neatly cooked and the tenderness maintained in the meat. Seriously the best beef I ever had.
Also there is a special offer they give here. They have several “90’s kids favourite chocolates” which we used to have it during our childhood days. One person can choose one from it and enjoy the meal.
- Crab kadaai Soru – ₹100
- Chilly Beef – ₹130
- All varieties of kadaai soru – ₹100 only (served with rasam and banana)
- The biggest negative thing here is the dining space. It can accomodate upto 6 persons only at a time.
- There is no privacy while dining here. You need to sit next to each other in the other table.
- Lack of Parking slots could be another drawback here.
Credits : Chennaying YouTube (Jagadeesh Kumar)