In this article , we will preview the Match between KKR and RCB previously they played in Chepauk , where RCB scored 200+ in the first Innings with AB De extraordinary Innings which in turn results in a comfortable victory for RCB.
Almost the second round of the IPL 2021, started after the first round three teams were comfortable in the points table with 5 victories and Ten points in the points table. Meanwhile , Teams like KKR did not have a flourishing start in this IPL , they managed to win only two games in their first leg in IPL 2021. They were in a situation to win the next five games in this second leg to seal their seat in play off, a win against RCB will boost their confidence in upcoming games. But it’s not easy for them, on the other side RCB found their playing XI combination in their past five games , though they lost two games with one sided victory , RCB were now much improved combination with three power houses AB, Virat , Maxwell at the top along with young Devdutt padikkal.
Since, it’s the second round in this edition we will list out the mistakes for the team if they did not have good context in this edition and float in the lower position in comparison with the opponent.And , on the other the positives for the other Team.
Mistakes for KKR:
- Shubmann Gill is not playing his part at the top, the team winning the games scored more runs in the power play overs , but they were not scoring runs with a high run rate. Though they have been batting till Pat Cummins, their scoring rate was too low with dot balls, which created pressure for the middle order and lower order batsmans.
- Nithish Rana is not showing his consistency at the top -order after his two handy knocks in the early stage of the tournament.
- Sunil Narine defensive approach is one of the major concern for the Team , he is not taking the wickets and giving breakthrough for the team , Though , he produce dot balls , the opponent scoring the same runs with their fast bowlers (Mavi, Prasidh Krishna, Pat cummins)
- Eoin Morgan , should bat high at the top and that gives Russel an option with more balls in the lower batting order .
- Lockie Ferugusan , is one of the Deadly fast bowler who thrashed RCB in the previous edition which helps KKR to fight back in the tournament , Team must think to replace him with Sunil Narine and try to bring spin bowler like Harbhajan or Kuldeep in their playing XI combination .
- Even , KKR can try Dinesh Karthick at No:3 position which also give time for him to score runs, with his experience he has the ability to fit in any position , since they already have power hitters like Russel, Morgan below it will be a good option for their batting line up.
Positives for RCB:
- Devdutt Padikkal batting approach was a good sign of RCB , they invested 15 matches for this youngster and trusted him and now he is producing match winning knocks at the Top.
- RCB death bowling strategy improved in comparison with previous editions , especially Siraj showing his excellence after the confidence he gained from his International Test Matches.
- Maxwell , handy contribution with the bat is at No:4 position is also one of the big positives and the superhuman AB ,whenever Team struggles he will be the first person to lift his team .
- They have a settled line up , and found good rhythm in the playing XI combination. Yuzi Chahal forgot his wicket taking balls in this IPL , so far he did not bring any match winning performance , if he got his old form then RCB will be the Team to beat in IPL.
Expected Playing XI changes:
- KKR must try lockie Ferugusan in their lineup and bring Indian spinners in their combination as we said at the top in this article.
- For RCB, they have a settled line up, Harshal Patel overs were quite expensive in end overs , still the Team will back the young purple cap holder .
- Washington Sundar may have a second chance in the team by replacing Shahbaz Ahmed.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Playing XI:
- Virat Kohli
- Devdut Padikkal
- Rajat Patidar
- Glenn Maxwell
- AB De Villers
- Kyle Jamieson
- Washington Sundar
- Daniel Sams
- Harshal Patel
- Mohammed Siraj
- Yuzvendra Chahal
Kolkata Knight Riders Playing XI:
- Shubman Gill
- Nithesh Rana
- Dinesh Karthick
- Eoin Morgan
- Andre Russel
- Pat Cummins
- Lockie Fergusan
- Harbhajan Singh
- Varun Chakravarthy
- Prasidh Krishna
- Shivam Mavi